Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Baby Showers & The Hunger Games (these are not related in any way)

Oh, hello there! I'm back. It's been ages since my last pos- oh, it's been minutes you say?

Melissa is having a little girl soon so we've been throwing baby showers lately like it's our job. Which is good practice, since soon we'll be throwing a shower for Betsy Behr. Oh, and then it'll be time for bridal showers for Angela. Lots of showers and very little cleaning going on.

Melissa's first shower was rock star themed and ended up being super cute. See all the cuteness below.

ROCK-A-BYE BABY

Sarah's AMAZING Diaper Cake

Coconut Cake Pops

Peanut Butter Pretzel Truffles

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes

The Whole She-Bang. Dessert Wise.








And on to shower #2:

MONKEY SHOWER. I did not come up with a clever name for this one. Luckily I made up for it with a cute dessert table. And I'm not just saying that because I made it. Other people said so. I swear. Also, it helped that my mom made some of the desserts and my dad made a kickass (sorry Mom) Monkey Tree Dessert stand. That dessert stand is now doubling as a piece of furniture (?) in Melissa's nursery.


This obviously isn't a dessert table. But it is my first attempt at a diaper motorcycle. And very likely my last attempt at a diaper motorcycle.



 My mom made those Monkey lollipops. She's kind of awesome at this stuff. She also made the banana mints. What's funny is that the banana mints tasted like almond. That makes no sense to me, but I shouldn't really complain, because I don't like banana flavored candy.

 My dad made this tree. He is also awesome. I have pretty awesome parents. I'd tell them more often but I'm afraid it will go to their heads.




THE HUNGER GAMES

We've established that I'm a nerd. What with the Twilight/Princess/Mustache/Hepburn themed parties I throw. Since it's too late for me to pretend to be cool, I decided to throw a Hunger Games party. If you don't know what I'm talking about, leave this blog right now and go read the book. Go. Seriously.

Ok, you probably finished it already, because you couldn't put it down. So now you can look at my party pictures.


These are silver parachutes of awesome. They come direct from the Capitol to the lovely guests/tributes at my party. Bringing them The Hunger Games soundtrack.
Capitol Couture Desserts


 President Snow's White Rose Cupcakes



The Liquor Cabinet. My favorite part.






That's all! For now anyway. I have a few things coming up. Baby Showers, Bridal Showers, Weddings, Opening Day. I may or may not be baking. HA. I'll be baking. I may or may not be posting for the next three months though. So hopefully this tides everyone over.

1 comment:

  1. Superb! I guess I got all the ideas for my sister’s baby shower. I just have to finalize the party venue and then I am going to arrange things this way. It is beautiful and I am sure that she is going to love it. Also, I have to share this information with her friends as well.

    ReplyDelete