Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy 35th Wedding Anniversary Mom & Pops!

My parents recently celebrated their 35th anniversary with an open house and family dinner.  I'd be impressed with 35 years, but my grandparents were totally showing them up with over 60.  Braggarts!

Needless to say, the party was a fantastic success, based on the amount of food and alcohol consumed.  Throughout most of the evening, you could find me walking around with a bottle of champagne convincing guests to eat my desserts.  I'm bossy, what can I say?

The dining room pre-party

Champagne Truffles...Yes, they are as delicious as they sound

Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting

...And pink hearts :)

Cake Pops



My mother maintains that I went WAY overboard on beautifying my desserts, but half the fun is in the packaging.  I found the "Happily Ever After" stamp at Hobby Lobby (BEST.STORE.EVER) and used it to make cute little tags for the cake pops to fit the theme.

Champagne truffles were the most popular item, as they usually are.  I believe this is because they are ugly and people aren't afraid to eat them.  Looks are deceiving though, they are pure chocolate heaven.

That's all for now...I am on a baking hiatus while I recover from the holidays.  Unless someone throws a party...or has a birthday...or just asks.  I'm such a pushover. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment