Monday, August 6, 2012

Starry Night Bridal Shower

One of my bestest friends in the whole wide world is getting married in September and the bridesmaids recently threw her a rather fantastic bridal shower (if we do say so ourselves).


Of course I was desperate to make a great looking dessert table that would feed 50 or so ladies (we can put away a lot of cupcakes, you know). Angela (the bride!) picked some great flavors for me to work with and the colors of the shower were purple, silver and black. I think it may be my fanciest looking dessert table yet. Props to Amy Atlas and her book Sweet Designs for some of my inspiration.

And even BIGGER props to my awesome dad for making me a kickass cupcake stand all for my very own. It's amazing. Times twenty.

Breaking it down....(click on the dessert names for the recipes I used)

Angela's favorite. I had to hide extras and promise to give them to her afterwards so she would share the ones on the dessert table.

Cupcakes
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes. Coconut Cupcakes with vanilla buttercream icing. Vanilla-Almond Cupcakes. Lots and Lots of Cupcakes.

 Color appropriate candy :)

 Key Lime Cake Pops
Good lord these were tasty. I could have eaten ten. I mixed a key lime cake (recipe) with vanilla icing, dipped them in white candy melts and sprinkled crushed graham crackers on top.

I'm officially obsessed with hand-stamping wooden utensils for parties now. I got my alphabet stamps from The Tomkat Studio. It's a cute and easy way to make something themed and original.


Red Velvet Cake Balls
Tried and true - these are always popular. The best recipe and step-by-step instructions can be found on Bakerella. She rules.



 Cream Cheese Mints


 

 I told you every lady loves her cupcakes!

 

Such a fun day, followed by a fun bachelorette party later that evening. No pictures of that party, my parents read this blog. :)








No comments:

Post a Comment