Monday, October 17, 2011

Rally Squirrels & Wedding Pops

I like to go for the oddest combinations of titles on this blog.  Baking has been crazy lately...Rally Squirrel cupcakes, Bride & Groom Cake Pops, the occasional random cupcakes.  Here we go...


Rally Squirrel Cupcakes
I made these in my kitchen in front of a camera crew.  That is nerve-wrecking, I'm just saying.  I don't even like squirrels, which made it even worse.  Regardless, throw a cute little Cardinals hat made out of Starbursts and these aren't nearly as creepy as the real things. 

These were very time consuming with all of the icing details.  Tails are Nutter Butters dipped in melted icing and "glued" to toothpicks with chocolate.  Eyes are mini m&m's, noses are tootsie roll pieces and the ears are cut up mini-marshmallows dipped in pink sanding sugar.



Bride & Groom Cake Pops



A friend of mine got married this weekend and asked me to make cake pops as the guest favors. So, at the time the Cardinals were 10 1/2 games back out of the Wild Card and I figured I'd have PLENTY of time to take care of these.  Silly me.




Birthday Cupcakes

 
Another friend of mine threw a purple-themed birthday party for her daughter who turned one-year old.  I couldn't say no when she asked me to make cupcakes.  I love purple and her daughter is adorable!  Win-Win situation there, I was just sorry I couldn't see her shove the cupcake in her mouth.

Cardinals Cupcakes

Last, here are some very lame-themed Cardinals cupcakes that I made on a tight time schedule.  But, despite their lack of ingenuity in design, they were delicious.  Chocolate cupcakes with homemade vanilla buttercream frosting and red sprinkles.

My poor refridgerator.....no room for real food:



1 comment:

  1. I love the squirrel cupcakes they are adorable. I'm going to try to make them with graduation caps for my friends daughter, is the head just a mini cupcake?

    ReplyDelete