Monday, November 1, 2010

No Tricks, Just Treats


Happy Belated Halloween!  I went a little crazy with my baking, but I love holidays and Halloween is one of my favorites. 

Chocolate Chunk Cupcakes w/ Vanilla Buttercream (And a Halloween Twist)

The first item on my agenda for Halloween week was of course, cupcakes.  I used a chocolate cake mix, added chocolate chunks and a little bit of cinnamon and baked the cupcakes.  Mixes are great and it's always fun to add a little more to it (especially if that more is chocolate).


I made the vanilla buttercream icing from scratch and used Wilton Brand orange food coloring to get it the color of orange I wanted.  I'm not gonna lie, it took a lot of food coloring to get a real orange.  The best part of cupcakes are always the sprinkles though...


(the decorating dots were from Crate & Barrel...their stuff is always adorable)


 Halloween Cake Balls & Pops

You can visit Bakerella for the nitty gritty on how to make cake pops.  Her step-by-step photos are ridiculously easy to follow and much better than I could ever do.  I will however, let you see my final products.


(My key decorating ingredients)




(The Balls)




(The pops)


The cake balls went to a Halloween Party that my friend Melissa threw. 








 As you can see, even Angels are tempted by these cake balls....


(Mini cupcakes for those unlucky enough to not get a cake ball)




(My friend Little Red Riding Hood...aka Angela and I at Melissa's party)
 &
(The lovely hostess, Miss Melissa Tull with her little devil)
  
 The cake pops went home with me to Jacksonville where they fed a few little ones and their parents at my church.  And that's all folks!  I'm currently prepping for wedding cake fun, but I may have a few more sweet stuff coming your way. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment